According to Dalai Lama XIV-“Choose to be optimistic, it feels better”. Being optimistic means a positive mental attitude. It reflects the belief or hope for a positive and favorable outcome of a certain venture. Today we live very peacefully, we have every comfort we desire for. In winters we can use heaters to keep ourselves warm and while in summers we have air conditioners and fans to turn down the heat for us. Lives of people have changed a lot by introduction of all these new gizmos, but not so long ago, there was a time when we had to live in the darkness of night. But now we have electric bulbs. We all know the electric bulb was invented by Thomas Edison, but we don’t know the story behind how he made them. Thomas Edison failed 10,000 times before perfecting the electric light bulb. Any normal person would have given up at this time. But Edison wasn’t some normal person. He didn’t give up. Deep inside his heart, he knew that he would succeed this time. And after 10,000 failed attempts his hard work paid off. This thing shows how optimistic a person can be. What if he would have given up after several attempts. All of us might still be in dark. Once Nelson Mandela said “I am fundamentally an optimist, whether that comes from nature or nurture, I cannot say. But part of being optimistic is keeping one’s head pointed towards the sun, and one’s feet always moving forward.”.
OPTIMISM IS ALL ABOUT ACCEPTING
Being optimistic doesn’t solve the problems but it gives us the power to overcome any obstacle in our way. Ask any successful person to reveal the secret to winning, to meeting and exceeding goals, to feeling fulfilled and accomplished, and he’ll usually say that optimism is key. “If you think of something disturbing, you will get disturbed due to it. Brood all day long about death and you’ll only be hastening your demise. Think positively and masterfully, with confidence and faith, and life becomes more secure, more fraught with action, richer in achievement and experience.” ~ Swami Vivekananda. It almost sounds cliched, that optimism is all about accepting your true self. But it is the ultimate and the most powerful mantra for a peaceful life. You must learn to keep yourself moving forward with all your flaws, and as you move along the way you’ll learn to nurture your strengths. Keep track of all these vibes and you’ll be on driving seat for a peaceful life in no time.
DEEP DIVE INTO OPTIMISM
Let’s dig deeper into optimism. You don’t need be above the extra for being optimistic, anyone can be optimistic provided they put their mind to it. And you can’t instill the feelings of optimism into one’s head it comes naturally from within you. And you have to sync the feelings of in your head and your mind. But there are certain habits which can boost your daily dose of optimism.
- Never get worked up over petty issues, try to solve every problem peacefully. Just think through, what the problem might be and you’ll have its solution in no time.
- Never gets anxious and depressed, life is all about the highs and the lows. Just try to be positive in every step of the way.
- Always keep your smile upright. It isn’t that difficult to smile after all. And experiments show, smiling can reduce 80% of your daily stress and keep you from getting depressed.
- Exercise and daily fitness are one of the core habits for a life filled with optimism. Your health is directly connected to your mindset and a healthy body often leads to a rich and healthy mindset.
- Always be satisfied with what you have, most people don’t have this habit. But you need to learn to enjoy with whatever you get, people work so hard to get to something, they don’t enjoy it. So be at peace with your achievements.
- Stay motivated, as it can boost your adrenaline levels, and you’ll achieve things that you once that would have been impossible for you.
- Set short and achievable goals, and go all out to complete them. And if you encounter any distractions between the process, they are just to test your determination, so don’t waver from your path.
- It is advised to listen to good soothing music to relax your mind and your soul, to keep you at bay from the outside world for some time.
- Always try to see the good in every bad, because there is a reason behind every event that befalls in your way.
- Show confidence in every step that you take, confidence in your thoughts, confidence in your work, your mannerism and everything.
- Appearances can be deceptive, instead focus on you soul, try meditating 2-3 times a week, it’ll lighten your head.
- Take a good amount of sleep and that’s a must. If you don’t get enough sleep, it can create a ruckus in your head, and you probably won’t be able to think straight.
- Inspire yourself from the work of others, take away the good from the people and try to inculcate it as your own.
- Avoid anything negative all together, be it the negative thoughts, bad company, or anything that raises any sort of alarm in your head, don’t give any second thoughts to it and leave it altogether.
There are many more things that can make you feel positive and instill a sense of optimism in you, but the above mentioned are the important ones. Keep a regular check on them, if you forget something visit us back, we’ll help you in whatever way possible. We won’t backdown that’s our vision of optimism at team “SCULPT URSELF“.